7.20.2013

Ketchikan

Hi beauties,

Sorry I've been away. Last Saturday, I got back from a two week trip exploring Alaska and Canada and I've honestly just been too tired this week to blog. If you'd like to see pictures of my adventures, follow me on Instagram. My username is @marthafab. I flew to Vancouver for two days before heading off on a seven day Alaskan cruise. After that, I went on a five day land tour of Alaska before flying home. This trip was my first time experiencing jet lag! I still haven't recovered fully from the time change and am on a rather wacky sleeping schedule. I am going to post in chronological order from the trip, but I don't have my Vancouver pictures yet so that will be out of order. If you just want to see the pictures of my outfit, skip to the end of this post.

Ketchikan was the first port we stopped in during the cruise. It's a small, run-down tourist trap in southeastern Alaska. It's very close to good fishing, hunting, and camping locations and is a port that many ships, boats, and yachts pass through on their way to great outdoor activities. On the docks, we saw a pod of killer whales up close, although I didn't capture any National Geographic-worthy pictures. Totem poles are scattered throughout the town and I really enjoyed the Popcorn Emporium and its free samples. :)

Exploring the town.
Path to a famous street of brothels in the 20th century.
Two gorgeous Russian pocket watches.

My family and I went on an excursion while we were in Ketchikan. We traveled by floatplane to a breathtaking place known as Misty Fjords. Secluded high up in the coastal mountains, Misty Fjords is untouched by humans other than the floatplanes that land in the water for very brief periods of time. When I got out of the plane, it was silent. All I could hear was the occasional bird chirping and waterfalls flowing down the mountainsides. Seeing nature this way was an amazing experience that I will truly never forget. 
Isolated and untouched. 

Now the part you've been waiting for... my outfit!

No need for sunglasses today...
Cloudy in Ketchikan.
Raincoat: Cole Haan (similar here). Denim: Paige. Shirt: Splendid (similar here and here). Shoes: Børn (old but similar here). Purse: Coach. Scarf: Tasha. Watch: Betsey Johnson. Ring: vintage. Nails: OPI 'Russian Navy'. 


Thank you for reading my first travel diary! I hope you enjoyed it and my outfit. I tried to mix practicality and style into my wardrobe for the trip, especially since the weather in Alaska is very unpredictable. It changes every ten minutes, I swear. I'll be posting more about my trip very soon!


*All photos are owned by me.*

No comments:

Post a Comment