7.23.2013

Juneau, Skagway, & the Yukon

Hi beauties,

This is my second post about my Alaska/Canada adventure. If you missed my first post, you can read it here. The second stop we made in Alaska was in the port of Juneau, the state capital. There, we explored the city and shopped before taking a taxi to Mendenhall Glacier (we had to hike to the actual glacier) and a salmon hatchery. Both experiences were very fun and fascinating. We also got to see a parade since it was the 4th of July!

 I did NOT get a good picture of my outfit in Juneau, but oh well. Sorry!

Mendenhall Glacier from a distance.
Iceberg formed from a piece of broken glacier.

Beach view.
Happy 4th of July!

The next day, we journeyed to a little Victorian village known as Skagway. We then took a tour of the Yukon territory of Canada, stopping to see Carcross and Emerald Lake.

Denim: Paige. Shirt: Rubbish (old, but I love this one). Coat: Lost (old, but similar herehere, and here). Shoes: Børn (old but similar here). Bag: Coach. Sunglasses: A.J. Morgan. Watch: Betsey Johnson. Ring: vintage. Nails: OPI 'Russian Navy'. 

Carcross.
It was a cold beach!
I set foot in the world's smallest desert.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get decent outfit pictures. I literally had time for one or two quick shots at each stop, and some days the shots weren't even worth saving. I will have one or two more posts about this trip coming this week. Right now, I am in North Carolina visiting family and touring a few colleges. I am enjoying the time I have to relax and am working on a few little projects that I'll share with you all soon. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

*All photos are owned by me.*

No comments:

Post a Comment