7.31.2013

July Favorites

Hi beauties,

I apologize for not posting as much or as regularly this month. I've been out of town three weeks this month (the first two in Alaska and Canada, see those posts here and here). I was in North Carolina all of last week touring colleges and visiting family. And tomorrow, I'm off to New York City! I can't tell you how excited I am. I will be posting photos of NYC on Instagram. You can follow me at @marthafab. I will be in the city from Thursday to Sunday. Now on to my July favorites!

Nail Polish:
The blue polish is Essie 'Butler Please', an all time favorite of mine. The lime green is OPI 'Did It On 'Em' from the Nicki Minaj collection.

Clothes:
This month, I've been gravitating towards loose and flowy shirts paired with textured shorts (crochet, embroidered denim, and frayed edges). I'll usually add a long chain necklace with a pendant or a scarf, as well as a pair of strappy sandals. With all of the heat we've been having here, I have needed an outfit that will keep me feeling cool and looking chic. In Alaska, I wore my military green cargo jacket from J.Crew almost every day. I love that jacket so much!

Shoes:
I got some good use out of these bright red beauties in Alaska! They are the Hunter 'Tour' boots, a pair of travel friendly, light-weight, foldable rain boots. Definitely more comfortable than the original Hunters, and they held up well, too. If you're interested, I purchased them from here (they are also available in several other colors). 

Beauty:
I finally tried my Benefit 'They're Real!' mascara this month, and I love it! It really darkens and lengthens lashes, and was very easy to apply. I definitely recommend trying it out! 

The Dove Clinical Protection deodorant has been a lifesaver this month. It smells great and works exactly how it says it does!

Bag:
My Coach Swingpack has accompanied me on all of my travels this month, and I am so thankful for it! I've been able to go hands free when exploring while still being able to bring essentials like sunscreen, lip balm, and my phone everywhere I go.  

New Purchase:
I just got these adorable heart-shaped shades from Nordstrom BP. today. This summer, heart sunnies have been popping up everywhere, and even celebrities like Lana Del Rey have been seen wearing them. I also love this pair.

Blog:
Photo is from www.thepinkpeonies.com
I discovered Rachel Parcell and her blog, The Pink Peonies, earlier this year (in the spring). She is a charming, and quite fashionable, Utah-based blogger who shares her style, recipes, and tidbits of her life with her dedicated readers. Reading her blog is so refreshing and has been making me very happy and inspired this month. Go check her out!

Music:
Bravado by Lorde
Paper Doll by John Mayer
First Time by the Jonas Brothers
We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus (love the song, hate the video)
Stars Dance, Undercover, Love Will Remember, and Slow Down by Selena Gomez (I love the whole album, but these are my favorites!)

As you can see, I've had a Disney singer throwback month. I also discovered Lorde (Ella Yelich-O'Connor), a sixteen year old singer from New Zealand, this month. She has an incredible voice and writes her own songs. I also love John Mayer's new song, Paper Doll (even though it's about Taylor Swift) because it's so clever and emotional.

TV Show(s):
Pretty Little Liars (season 4 is so intense and amazingly good)
Keeping Up With The Kardashians (love the family vacation episodes; this season it's Greece!)
The Real Housewives of Orange County (need I say more?)

Event(s):
I've really loved traveling this month! Both trips were great. In Alaska, I really enjoyed visiting Denali National Park, as well as visiting Martin Buser's Happy Trails Kennels and holding Alaskan husky puppies that are future Iditarod champions.
Picture is from my Instagram, @marthafab.
In North Carolina, I toured Duke University, which was an eye-opening experience. The campus is beautiful, and Duke Chapel was especially magnificent.
Picture is from my Instagram, @marthafab.

I had quite a few favorites this month! It's been a crazy, busy, and exciting month. I can't believe July is already over! In just over two weeks, I'll be headed back to school (sigh). I'll probably be doing a few back-to-school type posts in early August. I hope you lovelies enjoyed this post and I'll blog again after NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment