8.08.2013

the city that never sleeps

Hi lovelies,

As you probably know, I got back from New York City earlier this week. So this is my NYC travel and style diary post (yay). I was in the city for four days, and had an unforgettable trip.

It was a rainy first day and night!
Washington Square Park.
Madison Square Garden.
The world's largest Macy's on Fashion Avenue (7th Avenue).
RetroSpective: The Fashion and Textile History Gallery; The Museum at FIT.
Right after Mamma Mia! at the Winter Garden Theatre.
Greek art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
African art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Cypresses, 1889 by Vincent van Gogh.
Modern art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
At Chat Noir (East 66th Street).

We stayed at a brand new hotel called The Refinery (West 38th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues). It was fantastic, with great decor and amazing service. Very modern, with an Urban Outfitters-type feel to the theme. I definitely recommend The Refinery as a place to stay in NYC. Our first day (Thursday) was rainy, cold, and quite miserable. The second day was sunny and beautiful. We probably explored the most on Friday, visiting Washington Square Park, Greenwich Village, Soho, the West Village, Little Italy, and China Town (where we ate lunch). After lunch, we visited The Museum at FIT. Later that evening, we saw Mamma Mia! on Broadway, which was an incredible show. On Saturday, we walked to the Metropolitan Museum of Art after enjoying authentic New York bagels (yum!). We spent a few hours in the many art galleries there, then strolled down Park and Madison Avenues to Chat Noir, an adorable restaurant tucked away on a side street. I bought my Louis Vuitton key pouch on the way back to the hotel (you can read a post about that here). 

I won't give you the full itinerary of the trip, because we really did a lot and obviously this post would be too long. But I had an amazing time with my dad and am so grateful to have been able to go to New York City again. I had been to the city two or three times prior to this trip. And each time, I fall in love with it all over again. 

Until next time, New York...

No comments:

Post a Comment